Friday, December 12, 2008

Texas weather sure turns quick!

I remember a song we use to sing when I was in elementary school. It went something like this...

Texas weather sure turns quick,
turns quick,
turns quick,
turns quick!


Not sure why I remember singing this but, I do and it couldn't be more true. So, on Wednesday I do believe the ole mercury was topping out at a nice warm 75 degrees. It was hot and muggy! Just gross outside not feeling like Christmas. We all go to bed and it's a little chilly outside. Nothing too frigid. Then, we all wake up to freezing temperatures. I take Andie to school and Gray to the doctor, braving the elements. Not so bad just cold and a little drizzle. I would rather be at home but I have things to get done. I go pick Andie up from school, we get inside and I start feeding Gray. I'm looking out the window with my head sort of cocked, probably looking a little confused. "Is that snow? No Way!" I walk over to the window and to my surprise it is snowing outside. Oh my goodness! I tell Andie, "let's get your coat, socks, and shoes on so you can play in the snow. You have never seen snow and probably won't ever again in Texas." I am just so excited about the whole idea of getting her outside to experience the snow. I kid you not she looks at me and says, "I'm not going out there, it's cold!" So, Andie didn't get to play in the snow and the only pictures I got of her is her looking out the window at the snow. So, Texas weather sure turns quick and I do believe we should be back up in the 70's by the weekend. So long cold weather and so long snow. We shall see you in another 15 or so years!

No comments: