Friday, December 12, 2008

Quiet time vs. Quality time

I am not a morning person nor am I night person...I'm thinking I might be a middle of the day type person. Is there such a thing? Well, I would love to be the person who got up early in the morning to spend time with the Lord. Ya know, just a good chunk of uninterrupted time but, I can't seem to drag myself out of bed any earlier than 6:45 and my kids start stirring at 7ish. The night time, forget about that...when the sun sets I'm finished. So, I admit it, my quiet times have been hard to come by. So today I felt the Lord's tug at me to sit with Him and this is how it went down...both kids were sleeping and I was wide awake and ready to be fed. I sat down on the couch with my Bible and pen ready to take in what He needed to teach me and I kid you not Gray began to cry. I quietly walked down the hall to give him his paci with hopes that he would drift back off to dream land and he did. Yippee! I walked out of his room and standing in the hallway was sweet little Andie. She looks up at me and says, "Hey, mommy do you want to play play dough with me?" How can I say no to that. So, there went my quiet time but this is what I learned. My daughter loves to spend time with me playing mail girl (post office basically), play dough, and coloring. She too loves to have uninterrupted time with someone important to her. I do believe my day came full circle. It started out with me wanting some QT with the Lord and ended with my daughter needing some QT with me. So, I do believe a valuable lesson was taught today...my daughter's love language just might be quality time. Thank you Lord for teaching me something very important today.

1 comment:

laura said...

I love this one! I am loving your blog!