Monday, December 8, 2008

Perfect Gift...

Well, it's that time of year again where we all try and find that perfect gift for all those special people in our lives. I have not yet mastered this skill. I mean, how nice it would be to go into a store and confidently say, "oh this is perfect for such and such!" Not me, I have to call practically everyone that person knows without calling him/her directly to find out if this thing is the perfect gift. By the time they unwrap it they know exactly what it is. Perfect example, I was absolutly sure I knew just the perfect gift for my daughter. I was so excited to inform Santa that she was going to need a puppet theater because we have been doing puppet shows each night with her make-shift theater...not a very good one I might add. Well, I was sadly mistaken. I have to thank my husband's very good friend Jim for finding this out for me. The conversation went something like this.

Jim: "Andie, what do you want from Santa this year?"

Jennifer: Standing right next to Andie thinking she is so going to say a puppet stage.

Andie: "I want this bicycle game that you hook up to the TV and play games."

Jennifer: Again, I'm thinking no way does she want that thing. I thought we were over that.

Jennifer: quietly tells Jim, "She has been asking for this game since she was about two years old. I've sort of been avoiding for many reasons...one I don't want to have to store it and two I'm not sure she will even play it. "

Jim:"Jennifer, Can Santa still get this game?"

Jennifer: "Sure they still make it."

Jim: "Andie, you know what, Santa will bring that game!"

Andie:" Yahoo!"

So guess what Santa will be bringing Andie this Christmas! Thanks so much Jim!!!!

2 comments:

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

We're coming over to play at your house!!!

laura said...

love it!!! You are a great writer! who is the bearded lady?