Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Resposibility...

One afternoon I was actually sitting down watching a little TV while both my kids were sleeping and I saw a commercial for a free Christmas Puppet Show put on by Second Baptist Church. I thought what a great thing for Andie and I to do together. She'll love it because she is totally into puppet shows right now. So, Saturday we hopped in the car and headed out. We got there a little early so we were able to find perfect seats...which she choose. The down side to getting there early, what do you do with a three year old while you wait 25 minutes. She did great. It was so much fun to watch the anticipation build. She was so curious about what the play was going to be about and what all the puppets would do and what she was going to see. It was fun to see her so excited. When the lights went down and the dancers came out to dance and sing, her eyes were locked on the stage. She was smiling from ear to ear. As they began to tell the story of the Birth of Jesus I began to get a little emotional. I know it was a silly little puppet show but the birth of our Savior is always moving to me no matter how it is presented. It was a surreal moment for me. God has given me two sweet little children to raise up to know and love him. I began thinking, it is my responsibility to teach Andie and Gray that Jesus is the perfect gift. I began to get a little teary eyed thinking about how big she is getting and how one day she will have to make the decision on her own to accept God's free gift of grace. Wow! As parents, we want to help our kids make choices and decisions that are best for them but this is one decision she and Gray will have to make on their own. Andie totally enjoyed the play. I know she understood who Mary, Joseph and Jesus were in the play. She saw the shepards, the angels, and wisemen. Does she really understand the significance of Jesus and who He really is, not yet. So my responsibility is to teach them truth and expose them to Him daily. And make sure they know that he loves them just as they are.







1 comment:

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

This was precious to me!!! How sweet! We are sure praying for you and your sweet baby!!