Monday, July 13, 2009

Princesses + cup cakes= Princess Party

This year for the first time Andie wanted a say in what she wanted to do for her birthday party. At first I was thinking I would pass on doing a party for her and Stephen and I would take her out to dinner and do something special with her but with a little persuasion from a friend I decided to do an old fashioned birthday party. Ya know, the kind you have at your house. Yikes!!! It seems like everyone has gone to off site parties which are great but they end up costing so much. At least the few I have done for Andie have. I had such a fun time planning the party. There are hundreds of websites dedicated to planning children's birthday parties. Some a bit elaborate and over the top and some very modest. Trying to find a happy median is difficult because some of the ideas where just so stinkin' cute but I wanted to stick to my budget. Which meant I needed to make a lot of the decorations, food, and I even made the cupcakes and they were a hit. Andie and the girls seemed to have a wonderful time and that's what matters. I think the party was a success. Yippee!











No comments: