Friday, November 6, 2009

"Thankful Jar"

If you know me, you know that I LOVE LOVE reading blogs. I totally love seeing how creative people can be. It just amazes me! I too love to do creative things but I more of a "creative copier". Ha! I came across this little jar idea that I just loved. I saw it here. I just thought it would be something fun to do with Andie and Gray (when he's older) just as a reminder to be thankful for more things than just our house, toys, family. Yes, were are so thankful that God has provided us the means to have a beautiful home and fun toys, and of course an amazing family but what about the fact that we can hear so let's enjoy some music. Or what about or legs and our eyes. I just love that it reminds us to be thankful for EVERYTHING!
It was so simple to make. I found a little glass jar at Michesl's for $3.99 and some Thanksgiving scrapbooking stickers to decorate the outside of the jar. I grabbed some orange and brown ribbon to tie around the top of the jar. The ribbon was 2/$5.00 and some fall leaves to hot glue on the top of the jar. I took all the little thankful coupons here cut them out and stuck them inside. That simple! The whole project costs mayb2 $12. Here is what mine looks like.

For the fullness of His grace we have all
received one blessing after another.
John 1:16

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it, Jen!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

You, my sweet friend, are in SO much trouble!! How did I not know that you had a blog? HELLO!!!! :) Seriously, I am adding you to my blog list right now! So fun!